Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pink stuff

Howdy y'all!
Well, we *finally* have our team shirts--yeah!!! Wendy & I are so excited that we have been able to get the CORRECT ones out to the team. (I am sure that if you want one of the ARKASNAS shirts, Image One will probably sell it to you cheap!)
I want to thank you all for participating in this year's Race, and I especially want to a big shout out to all of you who have contributed so generously to the "Because I Care" Komen fundraiser. So far we have donated $243, which has placed us 5th for the Government division. You all need to pat yourselves on your back, especially Ms. Mindy Rogers! She was our top giver--so next time you see Mindy, tell her congrats.
We will have one final team meeting sometime next week to hand out info for our meeting place, and for any last minute info from Komen. If you need a copy of the Race route, please see Wendy or me, or you can go to the Komen site and download a copy.
I also want to thank the team members who have volunteered to work at the Race Space this year. I know everyone is busy this time of the year, and to take time out to help Komen, well, you are appreciated. If you have time, they have us down for 4 volunteers tonight (I don't know why--I told them Oct. 6th and Oct. 8th), and for tomorrow night as well.
If you have signed up for tomorrow night, but can't make it, if you could work tonight, I know they won't turn you away! :)
Also, I think we decided that THIS Friday is Team Picture day--please correct me if I'm wrong! Wear either your Race shirt or your Team shirt, or bring one to wear for the photo session. (and you know it will be a photo session with all the cameras everyone brings, so you might want to wear your shades too. LOL!)
Again, thank you so much for participating--this is YOUR race to win, and win we will!

No comments:

Post a Comment