Thursday, July 22, 2010

One more . . . and I'm going to stop for the night

When you have a moment, please watch this short film of last year's race. I wasn't able to participate in the race due to family coming in that day from out of town, and I saw this footage for the first time at the Team Captains' Party last Sunday.

May I reveal something about myself? My aunt died of breast cancer two years ago, and I thought that I had dealt with her death and moved on. Only, I hadn't. Seeing this film and understanding what Komen and Race Day are all about helped me understand that I'm not participating just to be a good sport. I have a real reason to participate, and that reason is my aunt. She died, but I can pay my $26 and walk so that someone else doesn't lose an aunt.

This year, I'm walking for Aunt Sheila.

Crystal

1 comment:

  1. Jon's grandmother has beaten breast cancer once, over 10 years ago. She found out in March, that it is back. She faces chemo once a week until the end of November. She is so strong and courageous. I am walking for her, Bertie Haynes.

    ReplyDelete