Monday, August 2, 2010

We > Me

We > Me is this year's Race for the Cure theme, and I really believe it is true. The power of "many" is great--there is definitely something about strength in numbers!

This past week, my mom and one of my cousins came for a visit. We did all the things that girls do--played Twister, cooked, shopped, slurped milkshakes at the Purple Cow, and inhaled hot doughnuts at Krispy Kreme. They are my family, and they support me in my decisions and in my life, just as I love and support them in all they do. Komen has it right--we is much greater than me!

And now, they've gone home. My cat is missing them greatly, and I am, too. She's been moping around since last night . . . if you've never seen a cat mope, I can tell you that it isn't a pretty sight.

Just a gentle reminder--today is August 2. The last day to register for Team Bookends is August 27.

Stay cool in this heat. Drink plenty of water.

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment