Friday, September 18, 2009

advice from Dr. Judi

I was a slacker last night--
I didn't go walk in the Komen Fitness program. My body was not up to it, so I didn't push myself. But that doesn't mean I get to stop pushing you all to get out there and make sure you are ready for this race!
I hope you all are at least walking and getting ready for October 17th. I think your body will appreciate it if you get a little ready for the 5K. If you expect to just go from the couch to walking (or running) on Race morning, I think your body is going to want to have a word or two with you afterwards!
So remember to get some exercise between now and October 17th (which is now less than a month away), be sure to drink plenty of water, get rest, take your vitamins, and get your GOOD carbs (HINT: the Pasta Party will be on October 16th, that will be a *great* opportunity to get your carbs before the Race!) What else? volunteering at the Race Space will be another way to feel good about yourself. The boutique will open October 2nd at the Pleasant Ridge Shopping center on Hwy 10 (where it was last year). If you know of anyone who can work there on weekday afternoons, Komen is really needing volunteers for those times especially.
So, what are you supposed to do between now and October 17th?
Exercise
drink plenty of water
eat right
rest
volunteer
buy yourself a ticket to the Pasta Party
Your body will thank you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment