Friday, September 11, 2009

gold (pink?) stars

Okay--I will just come right and tell you I deserve a BIG gold (or maybe pink?) star for last night. Thursday night was Night 2 of the free Torture, er, Fitness program that Komen is sponsoring this year. I actually made it through the WHOLE program last night!
Okay, I will admit they didn't do the 5 minute walk before they started the 1st 8 minute walk, but they did add it on the end, and I stayed on course the whole time. Also, I will admit that I didn't speed up my pace during the 2nd & 3rd two minute fast walk, but I kept right on trudging around that stadium field!
Miss Betty, the 84 year old survivor, was back again last night. She made it around 2 laps before she had to go sit down. But Marty (one of the walker leaders) walked with me after she made sure Miss Betty was doing okay.
Now, after the training was over, I had to make it back to my car and drive myself back home, (I hope none of you were on the road at 7:50 last night!) then tried not to sit anywhere on any of the furniture before I had a shower. And, then I realized I still had to stand in the shower! Whoo boy! When I finally got to the couch, I didn't move for a looooooooong time. But I'll go back again, and again, and I hope you all will join me. The next session is Monday night at 6:30 at War Memorial stadium. It's **FREEEE!!****You just have to show up in comfortable clothes & walking shoes, and slog around the stadium field for a half hour. They do have speakers come in (last night was the skinniest kid I'd ever seen--he works at Easy Runner. He's been running 8 years, and you could tell he was a runner. Like I said, skinny! But he was funny and had some good info about shoes and different products.
So please come and have fun, get some exercise, and meet some new friends every Monday & Thursday. Remember, it's FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment