Friday, September 25, 2009

Nuns

You all should say "thank you" to the good Sisters of Mercy, Sister Beatrice & Sister Lucille.
If it hadn't been for the nuns bending over us at St. Patrick's school with their rulers, I wouldn't have learned to spell, and if I hadn't learned to spell, then come Oct. 17th, you all would have been walking the streets of Little Rock with tee shirts that said "A-R-K-A-S-N-A-S State Library" on them.
Wendy and I went over to pick up the team tee shirts after work yesterday, and I must say, they do look awesome! But there was that one teeny tiny error on it. ARKASNAS. Wendy & I didn't think that would have been great publicity for the library, so we said, "no, thank you."
So, I am sad to report that we have no shirts to hand out to you today. But, they are going to re-do our shirts for us, and hopefully we'll have them next week. Keep your fingers crossed! And, say thanks to those teachers out there who try to teach youngsters everyday. They deserve a gold star. Especially the nuns at St. Patrick's.

No comments:

Post a Comment