Thursday, September 24, 2009

when God closes a door....

When: last night, 10 pm
Who: middle-aged crazy woman & 1 HYPER dog with the poops OD'ing on vitamins
Where: bottom of the hill in the apt. complex parking lot

Yes, while I had you all out pondering last night, I was trying to get the border collie dog that I am taking care of all "pooped" out.
(Blitz, the wonder dog got hold of one of my vitamin jars and ate half of them. The emergency vet said she would be hyper, but she didn't mention the diarrhea!)
So, last night I'm out trying to get the dog to do her business, and my foot decides it's had enough. It wasn't going to walk anymore, wasn't going to support the weight, wasn't going to do ANYTHING. Where was I? At the bottom of the parking lot. Did I have my cell phone with me? Nooooooo....Did the dog care a whit about what was going on? Noooooo....so as I was being half drug by a crazed dog and half limping back to home, it suddenly occurred to me that I wouldn't have to go thru any more torture sessions at War Memorial! And while my feet were gleeful at that prospect, it really saddened me that I'm not going to be able to finish the torture program, which, even tho I whine about it, I really did look forward to every week. So now I won't get to bore you all with my bi-weekly whines....
As to a window opening whenever a door is being closed, well, I'm not sure yet what that is. I'll miss the camraderie of the fitness group and I'll miss seeing how far Miss Betty gets each week (yep, she's showing up every time!).
Where am I going with this blog? I don't know, I guess I just wanted to get my whining out of the way....So if any of you are inspired to pick up where I left off at War Memorial, please, do so. I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms. There were several newbies there this past Monday, and they all survived! And if you do go, tell Miss Betty I said hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment